The cemetery and visitor center are open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The cemetery is closed on December 25 and January 1. The cemetery, visitor center and car park are fully wheelchair-accessible.
Travelling By Road
Cambridge American Cemetery is actually located within the village of Coton close to the village of Madingley. In fact the cemetery is often referred to as Madingley American cemetery rather that it's official title.
If you are travelling from the north or the south eg London then proceed up the M11 motorway to junction 14 and turn left onto the A428 and follow the signs for Madingley. Persons travelling from the north should proceed down the A1 and onto the A14 and follow the signs for Madingley at the A14 exit. (See the Google Maps app above). If travelling from the West take the A428 and the A1303 directly to the cemetery. If travelling from the East proceed towards Cambridge and follow the A1303 directly to the cemetery.
- Download Google Maps in the IOS Store
- Download Apple Maps In The IOS Store
- Download Google Maps In The Google Play Store
Travelling By Bus
Stagecoach operate a direct bus service from Cambridge, Drummer Street (Stop D3) to Coton, Cambridge Road which is within walking distance of the cemetery.
View the 4 Bus Route & Timetable: Cambridge - Coton.
View the 4 Bus Route & Timetable: Coton - Cambridge.
Travelling By Rail
The closest railway station to Cambridge American cemetery is Cambridge railway station. there are fast and frequent service to cambridge from London King's Cross, London Liverpool Street, Stansted Airport, Ipswich, Norwich and Peterborough.
Please visit the National Rail Enquiries website for further information on rail travel to Cambridge.
Travelling By Air
Further Information About London Airports Rail Connections
As stated previously, the nearest major airport to Cambridge is London Stansted, however it is easy to transfer from other major London airports via dedicated rail services which use central London as a hub. Once in central London you can transfer to Cambridge via direct services from either London Liverpool Street or London King's Cross, the exception being London Stansted that has direct rail services to Cambridge.
- Heathrow Express (London Heathrow To London Paddington, you can transfer from Paddington to Liverpool Street either via taxi or The London Underground subway service. See the train here.)
- Recommended Heathrow Hotels
- Find Accomodation Near Heathrow On AirB&B
- Gatwick Express (London Gatwick To London Victoria, you can transfer from London Victoria to Liverpool Street either via taxi or The London Underground subway service.)
- Stansted Express (London Stansted To Cambridge)